Agent Issues Survey: 26% of agents have had young clients cancel trips due to Zika By Jamie Biesiada / February 09, 2016 Share 1 -- A Travel Leaders Group survey released this week found that 26% of agents reported that clients in their 20s and 30s have canceled travel plans because of the Zika virus, mostly because of a pregnancy or possible pregnancy, according to data the company released this week. According to the data, 74.1% of travel agents said none of their clients in their 20s and 30s had canceled and not rebooked their plans due to Zika. The remaining 25.9% reported that six or fewer clients canceled their plans, and 11.1% of those respondents said only one or two clients had canceled. The remaining 4.3% of responding agents had more than six clients cancel plans. Of those who did cancel plans because of the virus, 89.8% said it was because of a pregnancy or a possible pregnancy, according to the study.The study also found that 83% of agents reported none of their clients in their 20s and 30s delaying their travel plans because of Zika; 13.6% of agents said six or fewer clients delayed their plans, including 7.7% who said only one or two clients delayed travel.As travelers age, they are less likely to cancel or delay their plans, the study found. For instance, 89.8% of agents said none of their clients in their 40s and 50s canceled, and 93% of respondents said none of their clients age 60 and up had canceled plans due to Zika.The survey also addressed destination weddings and found that 5.5% of travel agents said their clients had canceled because of Zika concerns. For those who canceled their weddings due to Zika, 96.3% said the cancellations were because of a pregnancy of possible pregnancy.The survey found 93.3% of agents said none of their honeymoon had canceled their trips, and 4.2% of agents said it was limited to one or two clients. The majority of those honeymoon cancellations (93.1%) were due to a pregnancy or possible pregnancy. A little less than 5% of travel agents said their clients delayed their honeymoons because of Zika concerns.Travel Leaders Group received 1,102 agent responses from its Travel Leaders brand as well as from Nexion, Protravel International, Results Travel, Tzell Travel Group and Vacation.com. The survey was conducted from Feb. 3 to 5.