Blue Sky Symposium is a sponsored event that will be held at the Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa on July 24th, in conjunction with GTM. A separate registration is required for attendance. Full details are noted below.
What is Blue Sky Symposium?
Blue Sky Symposium, held in conjunction with GTM, is a future-focused event to spark new initiatives, engage in deep discussion, and make professional connections in an intimate, small group setting. The theme for the 2013 inaugural symposium is “The Future Travel Agent Workforce.”
Blue Sky Symposium is presented by ASTA’s Young Professionals Society.
• Blue Sky Symposium is not a travel agent educational conference.
• Blue Sky Symposium is not a panel discussion, lecture, or keynote.
• Blue Sky Symposium is not a trade show or supplier showcase.
Who Should Attend?
Blue Sky Symposium is designed for all travel industry professionals who have a stake in the future of the travel agent workforce. The YPS vision for this event is to gather the brightest minds in the retail segment of the travel industry in a think-tank-style event to interact with the newest generation of travel agents. Together, these groups will discuss big picture issues and generate problem-solving ideas and direction for specific industry topics. The goal is to fill the 100 available seats with a mix of travel agents, travel suppliers, industry leaders of all ages and levels of expertise.
What’s On the Program?
Five speakers will examine the topic of “the future travel agent workforce” from different points of view through 15-minute, TED-style talks. Each speaker will challenge the status quo by stepping outside the box and addressing controversial topics and thought processes head on. Then, at moderated table discussions, participants will engage in a dialog about the future of the retail travel agent landscape while debating several industry and environmental issues.
Broad topics include:
• Recruiting young travel agents and promoting travel agent careers
• Travel agent salaries and compensation models
• The skills and training necessary to be a successful travel agent
• How distribution and marketing channels interact with travel agents
• Education, certifications, and licensing of travel agents
Why Should I Attend Blue Sky Symposium?
Blue Sky Symposium is all about discussing big picture topics, generating ideas and solutions, and creating tangible action plans for the industry. And when you attend, you will:
• Network in an intimate environment (maximum 100 attendees) with the brightest minds in the retail travel industry
• Interact in small groups with executive level suppliers and successful travel agents
• Add your voice to important discussions and action plans
• Help shape the future of your industry
How Do I Register?
CLICK HERE to register online. The registration rate is $79 for ASTA YPS members, $99 for other ASTA members, and $129 for all non-ASTA members. Your registration fee includes a continental breakfast and networking coffee break.
Questions can be directed to YPS here.