Luxury in Riviera Nayarit
New investments consolidate the Riviera Nayarit’s standing among luxury destinations in Mexico.
New Luxury Accommodations Options
Riviera Nayarit welcomes visitors with a range of diverse experiences, from traditional small towns to high-end luxury enclaves. Already home to a wealth of accommodations options, the area is experiencing unprecedented growth, with nearly 20 new projects under way over the next five years.
In 2019, Riviera Nayarit welcomed more than 2.7 million visitors in a range of unique oceanfront boutique hotels, private bungalows, all-inclusive luxury resorts, family-friendly hotels and other accommodations choices. Building on the region’s success, more development is planned, attracting nearly $3 billion in investment from both the federal government via Fonatur’s Master Planned Developments as well as private hotel investments.
“Mexico’s Pacific Treasure is attracting more and more international hotel groups that contribute to its growth in terms of its tourism offerings; we’re glad that investors and developers have the confidence in us to bring in these new premium tourism projects,” says Jesús Carmona, president of the Banderas Bay Hotel and Motel Association (AHMBB) and the Riviera Nayarit Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB).
“We see this tendency towards growth continuing into 2020,” Carmona says, adding, “Several well-known hotel brands are ready to present their new properties in the destination, and others are scheduling openings within the next 5 years.”
Destiladeras, Riviera Nayarit
Destiladeras, Riviera Nayarit
AT A GLANCE
Over the next few years, clients will have multiple new options throughout Riviera Nayarit. Here's a look at what's just debuted and what's on the drawing board through 2025.
- Marival Armony | Punta de Mita | Opened 268 rooms
- Riu Vallarta | Nuevo Vallarta | Resort-wide renovations
- Decameron La Marina | Rincón de Guayabitos | 161 rooms
- Decameron Isla Coral | Rincón de Guayabitos | 146 rooms
- Auberge Susurros del Corazón | Punta de Mita | 59 suites
- Conrad Punta de Mita | Litibú | 325 rooms
- One&Only | Mandarina | 145 villas
- Occidental Nuevo Vallarta by Barceló | Nuevo Vallarta | 92 rooms
- Four Seasons Resort | Punta Mita | Renovated 50 suites
- Secrets Punta de Mita Resort & Spa | Punta de Mita | 200 rooms
- Dreams Punta de Mita Resort & Spa | Punta de Mita | 415 rooms
- Ritz Carlton Reserve | Costa Canuva | 120 rooms
- Iberostar Grand | Litibú | 300 rooms
- Vidanta World Park | Nuevo Vallarta | 600 rooms
- Rosewood | Mandarina | 128 rooms
- The Ritz Carlton Resort | NIA Destiladeras | 240 rooms
- Westin Hotels | NIA Destiladeras | 400 rooms
- Fairmont Hotel & Resorts | Costa Canuva | 250 rooms
- Vidanta World Park | Nuevo Vallarta | 700 rooms
- JW Marriott | NIA Destiladeras | 500 rooms
- Autograph Collection | NIA Destiladeras | 500 rooms
From the yachting set to surfing culture, from brand-new resort enclaves to traditional small towns, Riviera Nayarit features 23 microdestinations, each with its own unique style.