Seabourn Unlocks the Cultures of the Western Mediterranean
Seabourn Encore, Observation Deck
Seabourn Encore, Observation Deck
Hand-crafted itineraries and exclusive experiences create an unmatched European experience
Americans travel to experience other destinations and cultures, but Europe is more than that — it’s also the source of much of our own history. The Western Mediterranean in particular contains thousands of years of artistic and cultural treasures within an easy distance of one another, but it can also be too much to absorb. So Seabourn’s handcrafted itineraries, curated with decades of local knowledge, provide guests with the essence of the region’s culture, arts, traditions, food and wine.
Seabourn Ovation Wintergarden Suite
Glamorous ports such as Florence, Nice, Barcelona, Casablanca and Rome are mixed with hidden gems—destinations where larger ships cannot go—from the ancient temples and megalithic ruins of Mgarr in Malta to Bonifacio, Corsica, whose history reaches back to prehistoric caves.
Seabourn partners with Dr. Andrew Weill to create a Mindful Living program onboard that also extends into special shore excursions. And the line’s partnership with UNESCO adds an extra dimension to time on shore exploring Italy, France, Monaco and Spain; Arabic culture in Morocco; and boutique ports such as Ile Rousse, Corsica, and Golfo Aranci, Sardinia.
Seabourn Encore dining on the veranda
Guests can bring home memories of the Kasbah in Tangier, or a daytrip to Capri or Pompeii and Herculaneum. They taste Spanish cava and Provencal wines in seaside cafes, and walk among the streets and fields that Van Gogh painted, gaze at Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel ceiling, and dine alfresco in Portofino.
To all this, Seabourn adds signature exclamation points: unforgettable experiences such as the complimentary Evening at Ephesus special event, complimentary watersports launched from the ship’s watersports marina in select destinations and local entertainment on deck in ports from Malaga to Corfu. Seabourn Conversations with specialist guest speakers enhance the destination experience, and Seabourn chefs guide travelers through local markets on Shopping With the Chef excursions, while the Galley Market Lunch presents many cultures through their cuisines.
Seabourn Encore pool deck
This year, Seabourn will sail the Western Mediterranean with a choice of 7-, 8-, 10-, 11-, 12- and 14-day cruises exploring the Iberian Peninsula, Malta, Morocco, Sicily and the Italian and French rivieras, before finishing the season in Monte Carlo. Among pre- and post-cruise Seabourn Journeys are the five-day UNESCO Treasures of Tuscany and the six-day UNESCO Lakeside Gems of the Swiss Alps, or six days pre-cruise that include travel onboard the iconic Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
THE BEST WAY TO SEE THE MEDITERRANEAN
Nobody matches Seabourn's award-winning blend of authentic and ultra-luxury amenities, for a travel experience like no other.
Champagne and caviar on private veranda
SEABOURN EXTRAORDINARY TIPS
What travel advisors need to know:
• Complimentary premium spirits, fine wines and specialty coffees are available onboard at all times, and complimentary in-suite bars are stocked with individual preferences.
Seabourn Odyssey dining at The Restaurant
• Seabourn’s world-class dining is further enhanced through a culinary partnership with chef Thomas Keller, the first and only American-born chef to hold multiple Michelin three-star ratings.
• Seabourn guests dine where, when and with whom they wish; all dining venues are complimentary.
• Your clients can customize their Western Mediterranean journey with iconic experiences that match their own dreams by choosing pre- and post-cruise Seabourn Journeys such as the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express.
• The Let’s Dance! Deck party, Movies Under the Stars and other special deck events underline the friendly onboard culture.