The International Spa Association, making the case to travel agents that spas are ideal pre-nuptial getaways, is promoting several spa packages and specials for stressed-out bridal parties at member properties nationwide.
"Planning a wedding can be a wonderfully stressful time, and there is no better place to relax than at the spa," said ISPA President Lynne McNees, in a statement. "Whether you de-stress alone, bond with your fiancee or celebrate with your entire bridal party, spas offer the perfect place to relax before the big day."
According to ISPA's 2008 Global Consumer Study, the No. 1 reason people -- brides and grooms included -- go to spas worldwide is to relax and relieve/reduce stress.
ISPA member offerings for brides-to-be include:
• MGM Grand Spa, Las Vegas: Bridal Favorites, a 50-minute pearl body treatment, 25-minute pearl opulence manicure and 50-minute pearl opulence pedicure. Priced at $280, Monday-Thursday; $310, Friday-Sunday.
• The Whiteface Lodge & Spa, Lake Placid, N.Y.: Day Before the Big Day, a 45-minute rose oil manicure, 45-minute rose petal pedicure and 25-minute maple and juniper eye therapy. Price: $165.
• Golden Door Spa at the Peaks Resort, Telluride, Colo.: Bride-to-Be, an aromatherapy massage, manicure and pedicure, makeup application, hair styling and veil placement. $400.
Bridesmaids might enjoy:
• Pineapple Day Spa, Pine Bush, N.Y.: Manicures, $30; eyebrow waxes, $11; and sea-salt body treatments, $55.
• VH Spa at Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale, Ariz.: Ninety minutes of belly dancing for 4 to 10 guests. Cost: $250.
• Red Mountain Spa, Ivans, Utah: A Spa Tapas Party with reflexology, bone-density readings and Blackberry hand massages, $50 per person.
Groom- and groomsman-oriented deals include:
• Aji Spa at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort, Chandler, Ariz.: A round of championship golf; use of steam room, whirlpool and cold plunge pool; and a massage. Priced at $235 per person.
• Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa, Corona, Calif.: A 25-minute men's manicure or pedicure. Priced at $29. A 50-minute gentlemen's facial for $89.
For more on ISPA, visit www.experienceispa.com.