DELTA AIR LINES expanded its seasonal service to Alaska from Atlanta, Cincinnati, Salt Lake City and Los Angeles. Delta's nonstop summer service will be operated aboard 160-passenger Boeing 737, 183-passenger Boeing 757 and 285-passenger Boeing 767 planes. Delta's expanded Alaska service is as follows:
• Daily, nonstop service between Anchorage and Atlanta from May 17 to Sept. 8.
• Daily, nonstop service between Anchorage and Cincinnati from May 17 to Aug. 18.
• Daily, nonstop service between Anchorage and Salt Lake City from May 17 to Sept. 7.
• Daily, nonstop service between Fairbanks and Salt Lake City from May 31 to Aug. 24.
• Three days a week (Fridays to Sundays) between Anchorage and Los Angeles from June 13 to Aug. 10.
CRUISE WEST christened the 102-passenger Spirit of Glacier Bay, formerly the Spirit of Nantucket, on May 2 in Seattle. Repositioned to join Cruise West's Alaska fleet, the Spirit of Glacier Bay will sail three- and four-night cruises featuring two days in Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, cruising roundtrip from Juneau. The four-night cruise will also make a stop at Haines with an optional excursion to Skagway. The ship's first Alaska cruise is scheduled to depart on May 20. With the addition of the Spirit of Glacier Bay, Cruise West will offer eight ships, eight itineraries and 160 departures in Alaska in 2008. Call (800) 689-1783 or visit www.cruisewest.com.
HOTELS IN WESTMARK'S ALASKA PORTFOLIO have reopened for the high season after renovations and improvements. Among the upgrades:
• The Westmark Whitehorse Inn has a new fitness center and a remodeled restaurant.
• The Westmark Klondike Inn, also in Whitehorse, had its guestrooms and its restaurant remodeled.
• The Westmark Baranof in Juneau has a new fitness center and remodeled rooms.
• Properties in Sitka and Beaver Creek have remodeled rooms.
• The Westmark in Skagway had its restaurant remodeled.
• The property in Dawson received a new hothouse to grow vegetables.
• The Westmark in Tok has a remodeled Factory Outlet Gift Shop, remodeled buffet and lounge areas and new computers in the lobby for guests' use.
GRANDPARENTS.COM teamed with Regent Seven Seas Cruises on a promotion that will chronicle the Alaska vacation of a grandparent and grandchild online at Grandparents.com. Families, including one grandparent and grandchild, have until June 30 to register at Grandparents.com for the Grandest Adventures promotion. The family chosen to appear on the "online reality series" will win a free eight-day cruise aboard the Seven Seas Mariner for a cruise leaving Seward, Alaska, on Aug. 27 and concluding in Vancouver on Sept. 3. In addition to the grandparent and grandchild, four additional family members will be allowed to join the cruise.
Alaska Editor: Jorge Sidron
Phone: (973) 898-0011
For promotional opportunities in the E-letters, contact [email protected]weekly.com.