Over the past long months, destination tourism ministers, tourism directors, resort managers, health experts and medical experts have employed hundreds of webinars and Zoom interviews, watch parties, virtual gatherings and cocktail hours and social media to engage and capture the pent-up wanderlust of travelers at home.
The goal was to keep the island, the resort, the attraction and reopening dates front and center and top of mind for those stuck in their living rooms in quarantine.
Nevis now has come up with a unique way to promote and showcase its island home by way of its Nevis Tourism Ambassador Program, a partnership with travel advisors, journalists and influencers that was recently launched by the Nevis Tourism Authority.
Six ambassadors were selected based on their commitment to and support of promoting Nevis to their respective audiences and followers. They will highlight and showcase different aspects of the Nevis tourism product, from culture, health and wellness to romance, sports and adventure.
"We are thrilled that these individuals who love Nevis have agreed to partner with us and share their own perspectives on what makes our island such a special place," said Jadine Yarde, CEO of the tourism authority.
"We look forward to working closely with each of them as we bring their Nevis stories to audiences across the globe," she said.
Here is who they are, where they're from and their specialties.
- Margie Jordan's company Margie Travels is a luxury boutique travel business in Florida that caters to needs of the upscale travel sector. She's been featured in many online and print publications, including Travel Weekly, where she's spoken about the lack of diversity in the travel industry as well as her own experiences "traveling while Black."
- Wesley Francis is a "city-raised island girl" from the Bronx, an ardent Caribbean aficionado and travel planner who specializes in group travel for women who, as she put it, are tired of waiting on others.
- Bianca Jade is the founder of the health and lifestyle brand MizzFit. She travels the U.S. as a fitness, health, beauty and travel correspondent for local news stations. As one of the first fitness bloggers and influencers in the U.S., she was discovered by Nike's research and development team and first debuted on the Today Show in 2009.
- Stefanie Michael was named "America's Tweetheart" by Vanity Fair magazine for her digital presence on Twitter. She's a social media and travel expert with television, print and online features to her credit.
- Erinne Magee is a Maine-based travel and culinary journalist and author with newspaper, magazine and online features in her portfolio.
- Melissa Corbin is a Tennessee-based travel and culinary journalist who tells the stories of the folks and places that make their corner of the world unique. She's got national bylines and daytime television shows under her belt.
- Look for their Nevis stories online, in print, on the screen, over the radio in the coming months. To follow their postings, visit https://nevisisland.com/ambassadors for updates.