Carnival Cruise Lines and Princess Cruises have reinstated St. Kitts port calls.
Following the Nov. 14 robbery of Celebrity Mercury passengers on a bus tour to Brimstone Hill Fortress, the Carnival Miracle and Grand Princess canceled ports calls last week.
The Grand Princess and Emerald Princess will call at St. Kitts on Dec. 1.
"We appreciate everything St. Kitts has done to mitigate this most unfortunate and unusual situation," said Steve Nielsen, Princess' vice president of Caribbean and Atlantic shore operations.
The Carnival Victory will call at St. Kitts on Nov. 26. Carnival returned to St. Kitts "based on our confidence in the ability of St. Kitts to provide a safe and secure environment for our cruise guests as well as crew members visiting the island," said Gordon Buck, Carnival’s vice president of Caribbean relations.
Ricky Skerritt, tourism minister for St. Kitts and Nevis, said all cruise lines calling at St. Kitts will maintain their schedules based on the "swift implementation of additional security measures in the tourist areas."
Skerritt said increased police presence was in place by the time the Celebrity Summit made its scheduled port call the day after the tour bus robbery.
Five robbery suspects were arrested last week.