Carnival Cruise Lines said it created a new award to recognize travel agencies for their innovative marketing techniques, brand advocacy and sales success strategies.
Representatives from the 15 agencies receiving 2014 “Excellence Awards” will be flown to Miami on Oct. 2 for gala reception attended by top Carnival executives.
Joni Rein, vice president of worldwide sales at Carnival, said the awards are meant to highlight "agencies who are showing growth through unique success strategies,” as well as absolute sales growth.
The agencies recognized are:
• Buffy’s Travel (Duarte, Calif.)
• Crown’s Adventures at Sea (Metairie, La.)
• CruiseOne - Allen (Anderson, S.C.)
• Cruises & Tours Unlimited (Jacksonville, Fla.)
• Expedia CruiseShip Centers Scarborough East (Scarborough, Ontario)
• Expression Voyages (Magog, Quebec)
• GalvestonCruises.com (Galveston, Texas)
• Guardian Travel (Chesapeake, Va.)
• International Voyager (Little Falls, N.J.)
• Interval Travel, Inc. (Miami)
• KHM Travel Group (Brunswick, Ohio)
• Marvel Travel, Inc. (Miami)
• Premier Vacations and Events (Memphis, Tenn.)
• Rovia LLC (Plano, Texas)
• Vacation Tour and Travel (Conway, Ark.)