Looking for a bargain on the Big Island? This is an ideal time to book clients, thanks to special rates on rooms and activities.
• Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa: Book an oceanfront room for at least four nights, with rates from $279 a night, single or double occupancy, and earn a $250 Visa gift card through Dec. 25. Contact Starwood at (888) 488-3535 or visit www.starwoodhawaii (rate code 250VIGC).
• Hawaii Pack and Paddle: A new guided tour offers kayaking and snorkeling in Kealakekua Bay, dolphin-spotting, a visit to the Captain Cook Monument and free Kona coffee at a historical mill. Visit http://kayakhawaiitours.com.
• KapohoKine Adventures: On the Ultimate Volcano Explorer tour, guests board an aircraft in Kona to fly over the active Kilauea volcano before landing in Hilo, where they are served dinner. Guests are then taken to Puna to observe the lava flow at night. Visit www.kapohokine.com.
• Arnott's Lodge & Hiking Adventures: This sunrise tour on Mauna Kea, the only of its kind on the Big Island, includes an early-morning star show at the Onizuka Visitor's Center and an ascent to the 14,000-foot summit to watch daybreak. Rates are $110 a person. Visit www.arnottslodge.com or call (808) 969-7097.
• Imiloa Astronomy Center: The new "Legends of the Night Sky" animated children's show is free with general admission every Saturday at 10 a.m. Imiloa also offers cultural and science exhibits; a 3-D, stereo planetarium; a museum store; and a restaurant. Call (808) 969-9700 or visit www.imiloahawaii.org.
• Parker Ranch: The Parker Ranch Cattle Country Tour takes visitors to ancient Hawaiian trails, original family home sites, corrals and cowboy stations. Call (808) 885-7655 or (877) 885-7999, or visit www.parkerranch.com.
• Lava Ocean Adventures: The new, 34-foot vessel Lavakai accommodates 24 passengers. This operator's guaranteed lava sighting is backed by a $25 refund offer. Rates start at $199 for adults and $149 for children under 12. Call (808) 966-4200 or visit www.lavaocean.com.
• Kona Village: Known for its many activities, Kona Village has added golf in partnership with Hualalai Golf Course. The new Fall Golf Package includes five nights' accommodations, all meals and six rounds of golf. Prices start at $3,915, double occupancy. In addition, 2009 bookings confirmed by Sept. 30 are guaranteed at 2008 pricing. Call (800) 367-5290 or visit www.konavillage.com.
• Mauna Lani Resort: Golf enthusiasts can now play a game on the resort's original 18 holes. Tee off on nine holes on the Francis H. I'i Brown South Course and nine on the North Course, available on select days through Dec. 14. Call (808) 885-6655 or visit www.maunalani.com.
• Hilton Waikoloa Village: The new Golf & Spa Escape Package starts at $239 a night, including deluxe room and choice of golf rounds or spa treatments, until Dec. 28. Call (800) HILTONS or visit www.hiltonwaikoloavillage.com.