NEW YORK -- Solares de Portugal properties are distinguished by
some common amenities, as follows:
• Activities include fishing, hunting, golf, swimming, tennis,
horseback riding, cycling and wine-tasting.
• Rates range from $60 to $100 per double room per night.
Apartments for two people are the same price; apartments for four
cost $100 to $138 per night. Daily breakfast is included.
• Accommodations consist mostly of doubles, with some twins or
singles. Apartments have a living room or sitting room, two loft
beds, a sleeper sofa and a kitchenette. Extra cots or beds for
children age 12 and under cost $20.
For information or reservations, call (011) 351 2-58 931-750;
fax: (011) 351 2-58 741-444 or visit www.solaresdeportugal.pt. -- K.S.
Tell clients Portugal is:
• Closer than they think. Lisbon is 5 hours, 30 minutes from New
York; the tropical Azores islands, a mere 3 hours from Boston.
• Compact. Clients can see and visit more diverse places in a
shorter period than in many other countries.
• One of the best accommodations values in Europe, in terms of
three-, four- and five-star hotels.
• Packed with charming solares and pousadas (guesthouses, manors
and historic inns).
• One of Europe's great sunning and surfing venues.
Source:Luis Avides, Product Manager,
Portuguese National Tourist Office, New York
Web:www.turihab.pt or www.solaresdeportugal.pt
Phone: (011) 351-25 893-1750 or (011) 351-25
Fax: (011) 351-25 874-1444 or (011)
For more details on this article, see Portugal's solares open for stays.