LAS VEGAS -- For the second year in a row, Bellagio collected the
most wins overall in What's On -- The Las Vegas Guide's annual
Visitors' Choice Awards.
Bellagio took top honors in 10 categories, including favorite
hotel theme, favorite hotel overall and favorite casino overall.
Winners were chosen in a poll of the guide's readers.
Wayne Newton, Lance Burton and Cook E. Jarr won in their
respective categories -- favorite headliner, favorite magician and
favorite lounge performer, forming an exclusive club of five-time
There also were some first-time winners, including Carrot Top,
named favorite comedian; Tabu, which won for favorite lounge; and
"World's Greatest Magic Show," which took top honors in the
Toe Rings & Foot Things, a family-owned jewelry store
located in the Boardwalk casino was chosen as favorite in the
jewelry store category, beating heavy hitters such as Tiffany &
Co. and Saks Fifth Avenue.
"They're quite well known [in the city]," said the magazine's
marketing director, Rene LiButti. "They offer a selection of modern
[merchandise], such as belly-button rings and toe rings. They're an
For information about subscribing to What's On -- The Las Vegas
Guide or to order copies of a single issue, call (702) 891-8811 or
And the top finishers in each category are:
• Favorite roller coaster: Manhattan Express, New York-New York;
High Roller, Stratosphere; Speed -- The Ride, Sahara.
• Favorite motion simulator: Star Trek: The Experience, Las
Vegas Hilton; Motion Simulator, Luxor; Magic Motion Film Ride,
• Favorite company for extreme sports: Flyaway Indoor Skydiving;
SkyDive Las Vegas; A.J. Hackett Bungy.
• Favorite attraction for kids: Adventuredome, Circus Circus;
circus acts and midway, Circus Circus; Shark Reef, Mandalay
• Favorite museum: Liberace Museum; Madame Tussaud's Interactive
Wax Attraction, the Venetian; Casino Legends Hall of Fame,
• Favorite golf course: Primm Valley Golf Club; Bali Hai Golf
Club; Palm Valley Golf Club.
• Favorite wedding chapel: The Little White Wedding Chapel;
Little Church of the West; Island Wedding Chapel, Tropicana.
• Favorite free attraction: Fountain show, Bellagio; The Sirens
of TI, Treasure Island; Fremont Street Experience.
• Favorite attraction overall: Fountain show, Bellagio; Fremont
Street Experience; The Sirens of TI, Treasure Island.
• Favorite buffet: Carnival World Buffet, Rio; The Buffet,
Bellagio; Spice Market Buffet, Aladdin.
• Favorite themed restaurant: Rainforest Cafe, MGM Grand;
Benihana, Las Vegas Hilton; Planet Hollywood, Forum Shops at
• Favorite Asian restaurant: P.F. Chang's China Bistro;
Benihana, Las Vegas Hilton; China Grill, Mandalay Bay.
• Favorite French restaurant: Le Cirque, Bellagio; Andre's
French Restaurant, Monte Carlo; Drai's at Barbary Coast and Mon Ami
Gabi, Paris-Las Vegas (tied for third place).
• Favorite Italian restaurant: Battista's Hole in the Wall; The
Bootlegger Bistro; Regale Italian Eatery, Excalibur.
• Favorite Mexican restaurant: Border Grill, Mandalay Bay; Don
Miguel's, the Orleans; Bamboleo, Rio.
• Favorite other ethnic restaurant: Olives, Bellagio;
Mar-rakech; Nine Fine Irishmen, New York-New York.
• Favorite seafood restaurant: Rosewood Grille; Emeril Lagasse's
New Orleans Fish House, MGM Grand.
• Favorite steakhouse: Outback Steakhouse; The Steak House,
Circus Circus; Rosewood Grille.
• Favorite gourmet restaurant: Top of the World, Stratosphere;
Aureole, Mandalay Bay; 3950, Mandalay Bay.
• Favorite restaurant overall: Rosewood Grille; Top of the
World, Stratosphere; Benihana, Las Vegas Hilton and Tony Roma's,
Stardust (tied for third).
• Favorite headliner: Wayne Newton, Stardust; Clint Holmes,
Harrah's; Celine Dion, Caesars Palace.
• Favorite comedian: Carrot Top, MGM Grand; Rita Rudner, New
York-New York; Wayne Brady.
• Favorite magician: Lance Burton, Monte Carlo; Siegfried &
Roy, the Mirage; David Copperfield, MGM Grand.
• Favorite lounge act: Cook E. Jarr, Harrah's; Dueling Pianos,
Harrah's; American Pop, New York-New York; Boogie Knights, House of
Blues; Veronica Valdes, Caesars Palace; Pete Vallee as "Big Elvis,"
Barbary Coast (last four tied for third).
• Favorite Elvis impersonator: Trent Carlini, Las Vegas Hilton;
Steve Connolly, Fitzgeralds; Jesse Garon.
• Favorite celebrity impersonators: "An Evening at La Cage,"
Riviera; "Legends in Concert," Imperial Palace; Danny Gans, the
• Favorite showgirls: "Jubilee!" Bally's; "Folies Bergere,"
Tropicana; "Crazy Girls," Riviera.
• Favorite comedy room: The Improv, Harrah's; The Comedy Stop,
Tropicana; Riviera Comedy Club.
• Favorite show to take the kids: "World's Greatest Magic Show,"
Sahara; "Tournament of Kings," Excalibur; Circus acts, Circus
• Favorite afternoon show: "Bottoms Up," Flamingo; "Viva Las
Vegas," Stratosphere; "The Magic of Rick Thomas," Tropicana.
• Favorite production show: Cirque du Soleil's "O," Bellagio;
"World's Greatest Magic Show," Sahara; "Mamma Mia!" Mandalay
• Favorite bingo room: Sam's Town; Palace Station; Gold
• Favorite casino for keno: Caesars Palace; MGM Grand; Bellagio
and Stardust (tied for third).
• Favorite casino for slots: Harrah's; Caesars Palace; MGM
• Favorite casino for table games: Caesars Palace; Bellagio;
• Favorite casino for video poker: Palms; Caesars Palace;
• Favorite poker room: Binion's Horseshoe; Bellagio; the
• Favorite race & sports book: Caesars Palace, Stardust; Las
• Favorite casino overall: Bellagio; Caesars Palace; MGM
• Favorite hotel theme: Bellagio; the Venetian; New York-New
• Favorite hotel lobby: Bellagio; the Venetian; the Mirage.
• Favorite hotel marquee/signage: MGM Grand; the Mirage;
• Favorite hotel staff: Bellagio; Caesars Palace; Harrah's.
• Favorite hotel pool: Mandalay Bay; Caesars Palace;
• Favorite hotel spa/health club: Spa Mandalay, Mandalay Bay;
Bellagio Spa, Bellagio; Canyon Ranch SpaClub, the Venetian.
• Favorite hotel overall: Bellagio; the Venetian; Caesars
• Favorite bar: Planet Hollywood; Coyote Ugly, New York-New
York; Studio 54, MGM Grand.
• Favorite dance club: Studio 54, MGM Grand; Ra, Luxor; House of
Blues, Mandalay Bay.
• Favorite after-hours club: Drai's, Barbary Coast; Tabu, MGM
Grand; Studio 54, MGM Grand.
• Favorite lounge: Tabu, MGM Grand; Risque, Paris-Las Vegas;
VooDoo Lounge, Rio.
• Favorite apparel store: Neiman Marcus, Fashion Show; Hard Rock
Store, Hard Rock Hotel; Dillard's, Fashion Show.
• Favorite shoe store: New Balance Las Vegas, Grand Canal
Shoppes, the Venetian; Neiman Marcus, Fashion Show; Leonard's Wide
• Favorite jewelry store: Toe Rings & Foot Things; Tiffany
& Co., Bellagio; Saks Fifth Avenue, Fashion Show.
• Favorite specialty store: Foot Efx; The Antique Mall;
• Favorite mall or shopping center: The Forum Shops at Caesars;
Fashion Show; Las Vegas Outlet Center.
• Favorite off-Strip destination: Hoover Dam; Grand Canyon;
Laughlin; Red Rock Canyon.
• Favorite sightseeing company: Sightseeing Tours Unlimited of
Nevada; Las Vegas Tour and Travel; All American Adventure
To contact reporter Amy Baratta, send e-mail to [email protected] .