NEW YORK -- Sometimes snowbound but never sedate, Finland is out to
prove it's still got a lot going on in the so-called off season.
The Finnish Tourist Board is promoting its annual selection of
Lively Season fall and winter vacation packages this year in
cooperation with 25 North American tour operators.
Programs available through April include snowmobile, husky and
reindeer safaris; icebreaker cruises; and theater, art and culinary
stays in Helsinki, Turku and other cities.
A sampling of commissionable packages follows:
• Continental Journeys: Three-night, weekend Helsinki stay, with
air, from $499; 10% pay. Call (800) 601-4343 or visit www.continentaljourneys.com.
• Five Stars of Scandinavia: Lapland adventure safaris, spa
holidays and Baltic Sea cruises; 10% pay on land, 8% on air and
ferries. Call (800) 722-4126, or visit www.5stars-of-scandinavia.com.
• Globus & Cosmos: Thirteen-night tour that includes
Helsinki; departures are Nov. 8 to April 17. Commission is 10%.
Call (877) 245-6287 or visit www.globusandcosmos.com.
• Nordique/Norvista Tours: Packages to Kemi's SnowCastle, the
Arktikum Science Center and Helsinki, priced from $589; 10% pay.
Call (800) 995-7997 or visit www.nordiquetours.com.
• Passage Tours: Thirteen packages, including ski trips to
Lapland; 10% commission. Call (800) 548-5960 or visit www.passagetours.com.
• Scanam World Tours: Two-night weekend stays in Helsinki, with
air, from $445; 10% pay. Call (800) 545-2204 or visit www.scandinaviantravel.com.
• Travcoa: Reindeer safaris, icebreaker cruises and Lapland
cultural excursions; 10% pay. Call (800) 992-2003 or visit www.travcoa.com.
• Unique World Cruises: A King's Road tour from Helsinki to
Turku and Stockholm, Sweden, from $859. Pays 10% to 17%. Call (800)
669-0757 or visit www.uniqueworldcruises.com.
For more on Finland's Lively Season, call (212) 885-9700, visit
www.gofinland.org or e-mail [email protected].