Reed Travel Features
GEORGE TOWN -- Atlantis Submarines offers several dive programs
on Grand Cayman.
All dives depart from the Atlantis dock in George Town.
Children age 12 and under are half price; teen rates are
offered; children must be over three feet tall.
Ticket prices include a catamaran cruise to and from the
Atlantis sub, video and photo opportunities (1000 ASA film is
recommended) and an Atlantis dive certificate.
The programs are:
* The Atlantis Discovery is an 80-foot reef dive priced at $55
* The Atlantis Expedition aboard the 48-passenger
air-conditioned Atlantis XI with a pilot and a co-pilot offers the
100-foot dive into the coral canyons of the National Marine Park
off Grand Cayman.
The dives depart hourly six days a week and are priced at $72
* The Atlantis Odyssey, $82 per adult, features Atlantis divers
who perform acrobatics on underwater scooters and handfeed fish in
front of the viewing windows. An Odyssey night dive also is
* The Atlantis Deep Explorer 800, introduced in 1985, takes
place on a two-passenger research submarine.
The Atlantis sub journeys 800 feet down the Cayman Wall and is
priced at $295 per adult.
* The 1,000-foot dive that I took was introduced in late March
and is priced at $395 per person.
Atlantis offers 10 deep dives per weekday.
For reservations and information, call the operator at (800)
For Cayman Islands' Atlantis bookings, call (800) 887-8571.
The E-mail address in the Cayman Islands is