Reed Travel Features
ANCHORAGE -- Goldbelt Corp., the Glacier Bay concessionaire,
joined the promotional group known as Alaska's Top Attractions.
Goldbelt, a Native American group that operates the Glacier Bay
Lodge and Glacier Bay Tours and Cruises, among other
tourism-related ventures, joins nine others in the Attractions
The group is preparing a brochure that will highlight each of
the services offered by its members.
The intent is to do some joint marketing and passenger referral
among the 10 members.
Besides Goldbelt, the other members of the group are as
* Alaska Railroad Corporation. The nation's only state-owned and
operated rail service.
It offers a variety of package tours and straight transportation
For information, call (800) 544-0552.
* Stan Stephens Cruises. This firm offers marine wildlife tours
to Columbia Glacier in Prince William Sound as well as day trips
and overnight visits to Growler Island Wilderness Camp and
crossings of the sound between Valdez and Whittier.
For details, call (800) 992-1297.
* Great Alaska Fish Camp & Safaris. Deluxe adventure lodge
on the Kenai River, offering fishing packages and fly-in wilderness
safaris and treks in the Kenai, Katmai and Denali areas.
For details, call (800) 544-2261.
* Denali Park Resorts. A group of accommodations establishments
in Denali that offers park tours, float trips and white-water
rafting on the Nenana River and flightseeing excursions.
To book, call (800) 276-7234.
* Alaska Airlines. The major carrier to and within the state and
operator of an extensive program of Arctic vacations.
For reservations, call (800) 468-2248.
* Kenai Fjords Tours. Operates boat tours from Seward into Kenai
Fjords National Park and Resurrection and offers evening dinner
cruises and salmon bakes.
To book, call (800) 478-8068.
* Fairbanks Premiere Attractions. Markets sternwheeler cruises
on the Chena and Tanana Rivers, the narrow-gauge Tanana Valley
Railroad that carries visitors to the El Dorado Gold Mine to pan
for "pay dirt."
For riverboat details, call (907) 479-6673; for gold mine
information, (907) 479-7613.
* ERA Aviation. Flies tours of Mount McKinley, Prince William
Sound and Denali National Park in elegantly restored DC-3 aircraft
and helicopter flightseeing tours out of Anchorage, Denali, Juneau
For details about DC-3, call (800) 866-8394; for information on
helicopter tours, call (800) 843-1947.
* Alyeska Resort. Alaska's only year-round resort, at Girdwood,
40 miles from Anchorage.
For information or reservations, agents can call (800)