SUMMERLIN, Nev. -- Maupintour's new Limited Edition programs cater
to the luxury travel market, with exclusivity as part of their
appeal, according to the company.
"Luxury can take on more meaning than opulence," said Terry
Rood, product manager for the luxury tour operator based here.
"Rarity also has value."
The "once-in-the-year, once-in-a-lifetime" tours celebrate
holidays and world events around the globe. A sampling follows:
• Williamsburg Thanksgiving is a six-night program that includes
two nights in Washington; three in Colonial Williamsburg, Va.; and
one in Charlottesville, Va., with a visit to Monticello. The land
price for the tour is $1,835 per person, double.
• The five-night New England Thanksgiving takes guests to
Massachusetts, with visits to Boston, Concord, Lexington and Salem.
The land price is $1,860 per person, double.
• New York Thanksgiving spends six nights at Le Parker Meridien
Hotel, with dinner at the Tavern on the Green; a performance at
Radio City Music Hall; and tickets for "The Producers" and
"Thoroughly Modern Millie." The land cost is $3,045 per person,
The Limited Edition series includes 15 destinations for Christmas.
All prices are per person, double, with air:
• The Imperial Christmas features three nights at the Hotel
Sacher in Salzburg, Austria, and seven nights at the Hotel Sacher
in Vienna. It concludes with a New Year's Eve ball at the Hofburg
Palace. The price is $5,490.
• Christmas in London includes six nights at the Athenaeum Hotel
in London; a drive through the Cotswolds; a West End theater
performance; and a concert at St. Paul's Cathedral. The price is
• Germany's Romantic Road & Black Forest Christmas includes
two nights at the Steigenberger Frankfurterhof Hotel in Frankfurt;
two nights at Hotel Eisenhut in Rothenburg and two nights at
Schlosshotel Buhlerhohe in Buhl; a day at Nuremberg's Christmas
Market; and a Christmas Day visit to Strasbourg. The tour costs
• The special event of the Limited Edition East African Safari
is the Wildebeest migration, which takes place in March. The
15-night tour is $7,285 per person, double, air included.
New Limited Edition special-events tours are as follows:
• April: The Washington Cherry Blossom Festival and the New
Orleans Jazz Festival.
• May: The Chelsea Flower Show in England, and the Zion, Grand
Canyon and Bryce Canyon tour that takes in Utah, Arizona and
• June: Bavaria and Lake Constance, Germany.
• August: The Salzburg Festival in Salzburg, Austria; the
Edinburgh (Scotland) Festival & Military Tattoo.
• October: Albuquerque (N.M.) Balloon Festival Fiesta.
For reservations, call 800-255-4266 or visit www.maupintour.com.