HENDERSON, Nev. -- By later this summer or early fall, a veritable
Italian village is set to spring to life on the shores of the vast
320-acre Lake Las Vegas here.
About one-third of the 33 or so shops and restaurants that will
make up the commercial portion of Vancouver-based Intrawest Corp.'s
MonteLago Village already have debuted, with more readying to open
their doors almost on a daily basis, according to Sharon Allen, the
village's executive director.
"MonteLago Village is a pedestrian village inspired by the
Mediterranean fishing villages in Italy," Allen said. "It's
quaint-looking and will offer everything from different food and
beverage venues to nightlife and boutiques."
The architecture of the village favors arches and columns as
well as earthy tones mingling with blue, yellow and pink pastel
The village, which is located adjacent to the recently opened
Ritz-Carlton Lake Las Vegas, will be composed of three different
sections, or neighborhoods, each with its own flavor -- Via
Brianza, Via Bel Canto and Costa Di Lago.
The Via Brianza, for example, "is very upscale and elegant,"
Among the shops are Da Mincci Jewelers, which has merchandise
ranging from $45,000 martini glasses to Concorde watches; Frangelo!
Floral & Gifts; and Cosmo's Steakhouse featuring steaks and
The Via Bel Canto, on the other hand, "is more of a fun street,
with businesses such as Splash Bath & Body, Rocky Mountain
Chocolate Factory, Pizzamania and Starbucks," she said.
Lastly, there's the Costa di Lago, which, Allen said, promises
to be a lively harbor and port area.
"It's right on the water," she said. "There's going to be a
nightclub and a lot of food and beverages down there."
A variety of activities are planned for the village area, Allen
said. -- A.B.
For more details on this article, see Intrawest to open resort condos in
33 places to shop and eat at MonteLago
By Amy Baratta
HENDERSON, Nev. -- When all of the shops and restaurants finally
open at MonteLago Village this fall, visitors to the Lake Las Vegas
Resort property will have upwards of 33 new venues to explore.
"For the most part, the stores are family-owned," said Sharon
Allen, executive director of MonteLago Village. "It's a very
eclectic mix. You won't find a lot of similar-type businesses."
Folowing are descriptions of some of these shops, listed
according to the village "neighborhoods" where they're located.
• Alexander Perfumes & Cosmetics sells skin-care products,
cosmetics and fragrances from around the world.
• Moonbeams, dubbed "a lifestyle store for women," will feature
a complete line of women's apparel.
• Da Mincci Jewelers hasmerchandise ranging from custom-made,
$45,000 martini glasses to Concorde watches and men's
• Collectors' Fine Arts showcases original art work, graphics,
glass and sculpture. The shop also has its own glass artisan studio
on Via Mediterraneo where visitors can see glass being blown.
• Frangelo! Floral & Gifts sells fresh flowers and gift
• Buzz features men's and boy's casual clothing.
• Village Golf Shop offers golf apparel and accessories.
• Village Bakery & Deli is a casual eatery serving the like
of croissants and salads.
• Como's Steakhouse features steaks and fine wines.
Via Bel Canto
• Cafe Ted, a casual eatery, has a fun twist: All of its
furnishings, from the hand-painted furniture to its German drinking
glasses and French flatware, are for sale.
• Edin Boutique sells women's fashions for 20- through
• Artisan Glass Gallery offers hand-blown glass pieces for
• Splash Bath & Body is a fun place to buy pampering
• Dublin's is a sports bar by day and a nightclub after
• Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory offers up versions of the
• Pizzamania is a take-out pizza establishment.
• Luna Rossa Italian Restaurant is a traditional Italian
Costa Di Lago
• Tutti Gelati scoops up traditional Italian ice cream.
• Wagamama is a sushi bar located on the lake's waterfront.
• Occhiali (Italian for "eyewear") offers eyeglasses and
• Sunset and Vine is a casual place to enjoy a glass of
• Havana Cigar Company is a cigar lounge that offers more than
• M6 is a nightclub with a bar and dance floor.