NEW YORK -- The Mexico Tourism Board and Destination Ventures, a
Bend, Ore.-based meeting planning firm, set dates for the Moods of
Mexico seminar series for travel agents.
The destination specialist program consists of half-day,
classroom-style seminars focusing on selling Mexico to leisure
travelers. The sessions begin with a general overview of Mexico and
move on to trip planning, with insider tips from destination
experts on making the most out of a Mexico visit. The seminars will
highlight Mexico's special-interest travel options, including golf,
spas, ecotourism, gastronomy and cultural tourism.
Participants will receive a 350-page manual with information on
Mexico's geography, history, climate, holidays and currency as well
as on health and safety tips, shopping, sports, ground
transportation and dining.
The seminars are preceded by breakfast and a minitrade show,
during which participants will be able to meet with Mexico
suppliers. All seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 12:15
The schedule follows:
• Nov. 6 at the Marriott Dearborn Inn in Dearborn, Mich.
• Nov. 6 at the Marriott Marquis in New York.
• Nov. 7 at the Sheraton Gateway Suites O'Hare in Rosemont,
• Nov. 7 at the Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel.
• Nov. 8 at the Embassy Suites in Brookfield, Wis.
• Nov. 8 at the Pier 5 Inner Harbor in Baltimore.
• Nov. 8 at the Marriott Chateau Champlain in Montreal.
• Nov. 9 at the Doubletree Minneapolis Airport Hotel in
• Nov. 9 at the Crowne Plaza Toronto Centre Hotel.
• Nov. 13 at the Calgary Marriott in Calgary, Alberta.
• Nov. 14 at the Four Seasons Vancouver.
• Nov. 15 at the DoubleTree Hotel in Bellevue, Wash.
• Nov. 27 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort in Phoenix.
• Nov. 27 at the Adam's Mark in Orlando.
• Nov. 28 at the Marriott Perimeter Center Hotel in Atlanta.
• Nov. 28 at the Hyatt Regency Tech Center Hotel in Denver.
• Nov. 28 at the Marriott Mission Valley in San Diego.
• Nov. 29 at the Greenwood Inn Hotel in Beaverton, Ore.
• Nov. 29 at the Four Points Sheraton in Independence, Ohio.
• Dec. 5 at the Hotel Sofitel in Los Angeles.
• Dec. 6 at the Double Tree Sacramento in Sacramento, Calif.
• Dec. 7 at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.
Destination Ventures said details of the 2002 seminar schedule
would be available by Oct. 30. Eighteen events are planned. The
seminars cost $39 and can be paid for on line at www.moodsofmexico.com.
Once the agent completes a seminar, he or she will be invited to
participate in one of more than a dozen fam trips planned to Mexico
in November and February.
The trips cost $169 per person, double, and feature roundtrip
air, three or four nights' hotel accommodations, most meals and
sightseeing. In addition to the destination manual, agents who
attend the seminars and fam trips will receive a Mexico Specialist
certificate and promotional brochures, posters and other sales
For more information, visit the Web site or call Destination
Ventures at (800) 599-6633.