US AIRWAYS VACATIONS added Belize to its roster of
Caribbean destinations, starting with four hotels in Ambergris Caye
and Belize City. The move is in tandem with the carrier's new
nonstop service between Charlotte, N.C., and Belize City with four
weekly flights beginning Nov. 9, subject to foreign government
approval. Three-night plans start at $806 per person, double, at
Royal Palms Villas on Ambergris Caye and $597 at the Princess Hotel
and Casino in Belize City. Commission is 10%. Reservations may be
made through VAX Vacation Access, the GDSs or by calling (800)
• American Trans Air will launch twice-weekly nonstop service from
Chicago (Midway) to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Dec. 19.
• United will begin new seasonal weekend service between its
Washington (Dulles) hub and Aruba. The Saturday flight will run
from Dec. 14 through April 26 on A-320 aircraft.
THE NASSAU-PARADISE ISLAND Promotion Board and
American Express, in the latest extension of the Bahamas Getaway
program, offer an instant rebate of up to $150 per four-night
booking on air-inclusive packages offered by 10 wholesalers. The
offer applies to new bookings through Aug. 20 for travel from Aug.
15 to Feb. 15. For information, visit www.bahamas.com/getaway.
• CuisinArt Resort & Spa, Anguilla, offers a three-night Relax
plan with hydroponic tours, Venus Spa treatments and a beachfront
suite from $1,200 per room, single or double, through Dec. 16. To
book, call (800) 943-3210.
• Clients stay for seven nights but pay for five at the Westin Rio
Mar Beach Resort & Country Club, Puerto Rico, through Dec. 19.
The rate of $1,150 per room, double, for a week actually works out
to just over $80 per person, per night, including transfers, daily
breakfast, room taxes and resort fees. For details, visit www.westinriomar.com.
• Opening Dec. 22 will be 24 new Club Level units, including 12
suites, at the Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas. Bookings are being taken
now for holiday stays Dec. 22 through Jan. 1 with rates from $1,199
per night, single or double, in an oceanview room and $1,700 in a
suite. Regula room rates drop to $875 Jan. 2 to April 30, but
remain the same in the suites. Commission is 10%. For info, visit
• The 402-room Inter-Continental San Juan Resort & Casino in
Puerto Rico completed a multimillion-dollar renovation of its guest
rooms and suites.
PENCIL IT IN
• Carnival, Grenada, Aug. 12 and 13.
• Thirteenth annual Curacao Salsa Festival, Curacao Festival
Center, Willemstad, Aug. 30 to 31.
• Caribbean Media Exchange on Sustainable Tourism (CMEx), Montego
Bay, Jamaica, Oct. 17 to 21.
• Tranquility Jazz Festival, Anguilla, Nov. 15 to 17.