US AIRWAYS VACATIONS added five Caribbean
destinations to its winter 2003 product lineup. Packages from
Charlotte, N.C.; New York (LaGuardia); and Philadelphia, to
Barbados; Grand Cayman; Puerto Rico; St. Thomas; and St. John can
be booked up to 331 days before departure. Visit VAX Vacation
Access for bookings.
• Divi Southwinds Beach Resort, Barbados offers 30% off nightly
rates and a food and beverage credit of $100 per suite for stays of
seven or more nights. Travel must be booked by Dec. 14 and
completed by Dec. 21. Commission is 10%. Call (888) 432-1116.
• The 55-room Curacao Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel & Casino has
opened in the historic Otrobanda district of Willemstad. To book,
• Island Outpost pays 16% commission on bookings for its seven
resorts in the Bahamas and Jamaica and three in Florida. To
qualify, clients must stay between June 1 and Nov. 15. Bookings via
phone at (800) OUTPOST; Web at www.islandoutpost.com; or all GDSs are accepted.
THE CAYMAN ISLANDS opens its new national
headquarters office today at 3 Park Ave. in New York. The office,
headed by U.S. sales and marketing director Pilar Bush, will house
both the Dept. of Tourism and the Cayman Islands Investment Bureau.
For information, call (212) 889-9009.
PENCIL IT IN
• St. Kitts Dept. of Tourism's Tour Operator Symposium, Rex
Papillion St. Kitts, June 13 to 16.
• Caribbean Hotel Industry Conference 2002, Puerto Rico, June 16 to