ORLANDO -- Realizing the importance of the international market,
and specifically Germany, two local tourism units have joined
forces in a marketing program.
The Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau and
the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
have entered a joint marketing agreement that will include numerous
cooperative marketing initiatives, including but not limited
* Adjacent booths at the annual ITB shows in Berlin.
* A joint ITB press conference.
* A dual destination sales mission in Germany in the fall.
* Joint press trips with travel media from Germany visiting both
greater Orlando and the St. Petersburg/Clearwater area.
* Cooperative familiarization trips for German travel agents and
Cooperative advertising programs for Germany also are being
"The German market has been a vital part of our marketing mix
since 1985," said Carole Ketterhagen, executive director of the St.
"By combining many of our efforts in Germany with Orlando, we
can better service both the German travel industry and consumers
who want to book the ideal two center holiday," she said.