MEXICO CITY -- Before clients tie the knot in Mexico, certain
requirements must be met.
Couples must provide:
• A certified copy of each partner's birth certificate or valid
• Results of a blood test taken within 15 days of the wedding date.
Some destinations require the test be done in Mexico or at least
notarized by a Mexican doctor.
• A copy of a tourist card or visa.
• Four witnesses. Some destinations require Mexican witnesses,
while others are fine with U.S. citizens.
• A certified copy of a divorce decree, if either of the couple is
divorced. Also, a year must elapse from the final dissolution of
the previous marriage.
• A certified copy of a spouse's death certificate, if either of
the partners is widowed.