Wayne Newton to sing in the new year at Hilton Hawaiian Village

The Hilton Hawaiian Village in Waikiki said Wayne Newton will perform at a New Year's Eve concert in the hotel's Coral Ballroom.

 

Tickets can be purchased on Dec. 14 at the New Year's Eve concert desk in the main lobby of the Hilton Hawaiian Village; however, they may be reserved a month earlier.

Prices are $195 for platinum seating, $160 for gold seating, $110 for silver seating and $85 for general seating. Prices include entrance to the concert, a half-bottle of sparkling wine, one cocktail, party favors, taxes and gratuity.



Castle Resorts & Hotels assumed management of the Kaha Lani Resort on Kauai on Oct. 1. This will bring to six the number of Kauai properties operated by Castle Resorts.

Kaha Lani is an oceanfront condominium resort featuring one- and two-bedroom suites. Castle will offer promotional rates starting at $195 per night for the remainder of 2004.



The Kauai Visitors Bureau, in partnership with the county of Kauai, launched a Web site to assist visitors with planning their vacations around events and festivals  on the island.

The site, www.kauaifestivals.com, alerts visitors to specific events and information that can enhance pre-booked activities, such as best times of year and guides to request.



The Kapalua Bay Hotel on Maui was sold Sept. 1 to Maui Land & Pineapple Co., which now owns 51% of the hotel and 21 acres of land at the site. Marriott International and Exclusive Resorts bought the remaining 49%.

Effective Aug. 31, Starwood ceased managing the resort. Renaissance Hotels & Resorts, a Marriott brand, picked up the management contract.



The Sheraton Waikiki opened the Cobalt Blue Lounge inside its Hanohano Room.

A party in the lounge features a different DJ on the first and third Saturdays of every month and is aimed at a hip, younger clientele, said Keith Mallini, the  general manager of the restaurant and lounge.

Mallini hired a chef who will redesign the dinner menu in the Hanohano and the drink list for the lounge.



The Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa teamed with the Maui Wellness Institute to offer guests the Lokahi: Wellness in Paradise program.

The series of two-day programs takes place at the hotel's Spa Moana and Moana Athletic Club and is being introduced during Maui's first year of the "Maui For Life!" initiative, which spotlights healthful living and wellness activities available to visitors.

The remaining program dates are Oct. 18 and 19; Nov. 1 and 2; Nov. 15 and 16; and Nov. 29 and 30.

Cost for the two days is $495 per person, $795 per couple. Room rates are not included. Room rates range from $345 to $850. Visit www.maui.hyatt.com for more information.

Comments
JDS Travel News JDS Viewpoints JDS Africa/MI