Journey Mexico's villa collection includes the following properties:
• Casa Maya Kaan, Tulum: Four bedrooms, four bathrooms, two queen-size pullout couches, sleeps a maximum of 14.
The villa is located in the Boca Paila section of the Sian Kaan Reserve, a Unesco World Heritage Site, with direct access to the Caapechon Lagoon and within walking distance of the Boca Palia fishing club, famous for bonefish tarpon, snook, barracuda and cubera snapper.
The beachfront property, designed for a group of families and friends, is furnished throughout with traditional woods and Oaxacan fabrics.
Amenities include daily maid service, daily cooking (all meals), satellite TV, Internet, Xbox 360, a large movie selection, multiple kayaks and a chef-designed kitchen with a commercial margarita machine.
High-season rates Jan. 23 through April 30 are $1,800 daily and $12,000 weekly plus 19% tax.
• Casa Oliver, Los Cabos: Six bedrooms with a separate apartment that can double as staff quarters and seven bathrooms.
The elegant, 16,000-square-foot interior design includes tropical hardwoods, marble and granite for a contemporary look.
The villa has a media room, gym, art studio, spa and massage area, pool, large sun deck, fire pit, access to the beach club and preferred tee times at the nearby Greg Norman-designed Puerto Los Cabos Golf Course.
Rates in 2016 start at $9,500 per night plus tax.
• Casa del Sol, Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo: Four-bedroom villa, designed by Mexican architect Diego Villasenor, overlooks the Pacific Ocean on the edge of Ixtapa.
Facilities include a sand garden, pool, full staff, WiFi and access to the beach at the neighboring Las Brisas Hotel. Zihuatanejo is a 15-minute taxi ride away.
Rates in 2016 start at $1,000 per night plus tax.
• Sonjowasi, San Miguel de Allende: Four bedrooms, five bathrooms, located in the historical center of the colonial-era city in the state of Guanajuato in Mexico's central highlands, approximately 160 miles northwest of Mexico City.
The villa was remodeled in 2008, using a mix of colonial and contemporary design. Facilities include five fireplaces, a media room, WiFi, landscaped gardens, a fire pit, solar-heated pool and Jacuzzi.
Nightly rate (minimum of three nights), $945; weekly rate, $5,670 plus tax.
• Casa Tres Soles, Punta Mita: Nine bedrooms, located in the gated beachfront enclave of El Banco in Nayarit, 25 minutes north of Puerto Vallarta.
Facilities include a staff of nine and a children's activities director, in-house spa, WiFi, and access to the Four Seasons/St. Regis gated community with signature golf courses, restaurants, beach club and tennis center.
High-season rates from Jan. 5 to April 30 are $10,000 per night for 18 guests plus tax.