Hilton Worldwide will phase out pornographic programming from its hotel rooms’ video-on-demand inventory.

The company said that it currently doesn’t offer pornographic films in “the vast majority” of its hotels and will phase it out at the remainder of properties “subject to the terms of their contracts.”

“We have listened carefully to our customers and have determined that adult video-on-demand entertainment is not in keeping with our company’s vision and goals moving forward,” Hilton said in a statement.

Hilton’s decision was first reported on Monday by the National Center on Sexual Exploitation and was praised by Dawn Hawkins, the group’s executive director. That group had previously included the hotel company on its so-called “Dirty Dozen” List of companies that it says promotes sexual exploitation. That list includes retailer American Apparel, Carl’s Jr. parent CKE Restaurants, magazine Cosmopolitan, Facebook and YouTube.

Comments
JDS Travel News JDS Viewpoints JDS Africa/MI