• The Polaris Project designs training programs, lobbies for legislation to fight human trafficking and provides services for victims. It operates the National Human Trafficking Hotline, (888) 373-7888.
• Ecpat USA advocates for protective laws and services, educates communities and first responders and designs training programs. It provides survivors with support and services.
• The Code of Conduct for the Protection of Children From Sexual Exploitation in Travel provides tools to the tourism industry to identify and help prevent the sexual exploitation of children. Membership is open to all in the industry.
• The U.S. Travel Association has developed an industry toolkit to help increase industry awareness of the problem.
• The Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Blue Campaign provides training, outreach and victim assistance. The Blue Campaign includes DHS's and the Department of Transportation's Blue Lightning program, which trains U.S. airline personnel. It also offers awareness training for passengers.
• Sabre's Passport to Freedom online training program is available to the entire travel industry.
• The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute worked with Ecpat USA to create its online course, titled "The Role of Hospitality in Preventing and Reacting to Child Trafficking."
• Airline Ambassadors International offers training and workshops for airline and airport personnel.
In addition, a few documentaries provide excellent background on human trafficking.
The documentary "Not My Life," which Carlson helped to finance, details the practices of human trafficking around the world. The film's producers are making the video available free of charge to Travel Weekly readers and ask them to share it with five other people (go to https://vimeo.com/47925727; password: nml123). They also will customize the film for companies upon request, as they did for Starwood Hotels & Resorts.
Ecpat USA produced the documentary "What I've Been Through Is Not Who I Am" available on YouTube.
In addition, 2U Inc. produced a video, "A Health Provider's Role in Fighting Human Trafficking," for its NurseLicenseMap.com website.