18,210 (full- and part-time, including 4,560 employees of eLong)Previous Ranking:
333 108th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
T (425) 679-7200
CHAIRMAN/SENIOR EXECUTIVE: Barry Diller
VICE CHAIRMAN: Victor Kaufmann
PRESIDENT/CEO: Dara Khosrowshahi
EVP, OPERATIONS/CFO: Mark Okerstrom
EVP, GENERAL COUNSEL AND SECRETARY: Robert Dzielak
PRESIDENT, EGENCIA: Rob Greyber
PRESIDENT, HOTWIRE GROUP: Henrik Kjellberg
PRESIDENT, EXPEDIA LODGING PARTNER SERVICES: Laurens Leurink
PRESIDENT ECOMMERCE PLATFORM: Tucker Moodey
PRESIDENT, HOTELS.COM, VENERE.COM AND EXPEDIA AFFILIATE NETWORK BRANDS: Johan Svanstrom
EVP, HR: Connie Symes
• Announced it would begin offering customers the ability to search for and purchase branded fares from select airlines in partnership with Amadeus to create a standardized solution that allows participating airlines to seamlessly offer their branded fares to customers.
• Completed acquisition of the Wotif Group for $612 million.
• Launched Expedia Viewfinder Image Library, a free online resource containing more than 40,000 images for media outlets and content creators.
• Announced with HomeAway the distribution of more than 115,000 vacation rental listings on the U.S. version of Expedia.com.
• Released Expedia app for tablets from the App Store and Google Play.
• Launched Expedia+rewards, a customer loyalty program.
• Began accepting bitcoin for payment of hotel rooms.
• Introduced Media Lounge, giving customers the opportunity to download premium content from within the Expedia app.
• Egencia signed $1.2 billion of new business and surpassed the $5 billion gross booking mark.
• Online travel agency.
• 90% of sales from leisure, 10% business.
• Owns brands Expedia (Expedia.com), Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Expedia Affiliate Network, Classic Vacations, Expedia Local Expert, Expedia CruiseShipCenters, Egencia, eLong, Venere, Net SpA, Trivago GmbH, Wotif Group, Travelocity and CarRentals.com
• Publicly held.
• Embracing a shift to thinking about customer experiences to encompass innovations like scratchpad (organizes customer search queries for easy retrieval), smarter emails, personalized offers and customer service.
• Still sees opportunity for significant growth in hotel inventory.