It's been five months since Thai tourism officials debuted a website designed to woo potential newlywed visitors, but the destination's honeymoon with brides and grooms isn't over yet, as renowned spas and luxury resorts across Thailand unveil romance-themed packages.
"Honeymooners are such an important part of tourism in Thailand," said Srisuda Wanapinyosak, director of the Tourism Authority of Thailand's New York office, adding that the Honeymooning-in-Thailand.com site meets "all their honeymoon needs."
A selection of honeymoon and romance packages now on offer in Thailand, provided by the tourism authority, follows.
Pairing up in Phuket
• On Thailand's most famous island destination, the Banyan Tree Phuket is getting couples into the swing of things with a Golf in Paradise package good through Oct. 31.
Villa accommodations and unlimited golf at the Laguna Phuket Golf range are part of the package, which also entitles clients staying a minimum of four nights to roundtrip airport transfers, daily fruit baskets and breakfast, one couples spa session and 20% discounts at on-site restaurants and bars. (Golf course privileges include unlimited rounds for two but exclude equipment rental, caddie fees and tips.) The package is priced at $680 per night for Pool Villa accommodations. Visit www.banyantree.com.
• A recent host property for ABC-TV reality series "The Bachelorette," the Renaissance Phuket Resort and Spa casts couples in a starring role for the next 12 months with its Bachelorette package, which is available until July 31. The three-night stay includes accommodations in the Pool Villa used by the show's star, Ashley Hebert; daily buffet breakfast; a "personal navigator" and private transfers during the stay; a paddling excursion; one couples signature spa treatment; dinner for two on the beach, in the hotel or in guests' villas; a day trip excursion; and a Lomo camera. Rates start at $2,140. Go to www.renaissancephuket.com.
Chiang Mai for two
• Adventurous couples can set course for the Four Seasons, Chiang Mai, which has crafted an action-packed, six-night Ultimate Escape Package. The offer includes three nights' accommodation in a Pool Villa at the Chiang Mai property, with daily breakfast, and another three in a luxury tent at the all-inclusive Four Seasons Tented Camp Golden Triangle. Camp guests enjoy one 90-minute spa treatment per guest and an activities program that includes full-day mahout training, elephant trekking and a Golden Triangle excursion. Prices for the Ultimate Escape, available year-round, start at $2,351 per room, per night. Visit www.fourseasons.com/chiangmai.
• The Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi, Chiang Mai is offering a two-night Romantic Escape Package priced from $1,435. The deal includes accommodation in a Deluxe Colonial Suite or Deluxe Villa; daily breakfast for two at the Akaligo restaurant; roundtrip, private airport transfers by limousine; one 80-minute therapy for two at the Dheva Spa; a flower bath; and a bottle of wine, a chocolate plate, fresh fruits and flowers upon arrival. See www.mandarinoriental.com/chiangmai.
• The Ping Nakara Boutique Hotel and Spa in Chiang Mai is promoting its Love Destination Package, which includes two-nights' accommodation in a deluxe room; daily buffet breakfast; roundtrip airport transfers; one bottle of sparkling wine on arrival; and a two-hour couples spa bath followed by an Ayurvedic warm oil massage. The deal, priced at $429, is available until Oct. 31. Visit www.pingnakara.com.
• The Siam Kempinski Hotel, Bangkok has put together a two-night Unforgettable Honeymoon Getaway for two priced from $482 per room, per night until Oct. 31.
The postnuptial package includes a Cabana Room or Duplex Suite stay; honeymoon-perfecting help from the concierge team; and one in-room treat, such as a bottle of Moet & Chandon Rose champagne or a fresh fruit platter. Additional perks include a scented bath for two; one candlelight dinner for two on guests' terrace; a European breakfast, served in bed; personalized bathrobe mementos; and use of the sauna, steam room or Jacuzzi at the hotel spa. Clients can complete their stay with a 4 p.m. late checkout. The Siam Kempinski requires a minimum two-night stay for all pool-access-room packages. See www.kempinski.com/bangkok.
• The Veranda Resort & Spa, Hua Hin, about 120 miles south of Bangkok, lures newlyweds with its two-night Honeymoon Package priced from $725 through Dec. 24. The package includes two nights' accommodation in a Pool Villa room or the [email protected]; choice of in-room or restaurant daily breakfast; a fruit-and-flower arrangement; free use of a daily stocked minibar (excepting alcohol); one bottle of sparkling wine; dinner at the I-Sea Restaurant; the choice of a two-hour Honeymoon Paradise Spa package or a private three-course cooking class; and daily scheduled transfers to Hua Hin's town center. Go to www.verandaresortandspa.com.
For more, visit www.honeymooning-in-thailand.com and www.tourismthailand.org/us.