Subscribe now using your favorite service:
Fees are a perennial hot topic among the travel agency community. On the season four opener of Trade Secrets, co-hosts Emma Weissmann and Jamie Biesiada delve into many different aspects of planning fees with Tiffany Hines, CEO and president of Global Escapes, and Cali Stein, a luxury advisor with Embark Beyond. They address normalizing fees, different ways to charge them, whether every client should be charged the same way and more.
In this episode:
- 8:22: An overview on fee data from Travel Weekly's survey
- 9:39: How Cali and Tiffany charge fees
- 15:43: How do agents normalize charging a fee for their services, both among clients and other advisors?
- 22:55: What's the right planning fee for a new travel advisor?
- 27:06: How do you charge a fee for your services? How do you introduce the idea of a fee to clients?
- 29:32: How do you handle charging fees for different kinds of clients, like referrals, for instance?
- 35:06: Should booking fees be the same for every client?
- 36:10: Are celebrity clients in a different tier than others?
- 38:40: One advisor isn't getting any takers with her fee -- what gives?
- 44:57: How do you actually collect and process fees from clients?
- 47:26: How do you keep track of time if you're charging an hourly fee
This episode was sponsored by Windstar Cruises.
Phone: (706) 548-4807
Travel Consulting Associates, Tiffany's consultancy, and a free guide to charging fees
Trade Secrets season 2 podcast on fees
The Last Resort podcast
Humans of Travel podcast
Travel Weekly's fee survey
The Folo episode on fees
Thanks to our friends at Montecito Village Travel for helping us source questions for this season!
Call our hotline and leave a message: (201) 902-2098
Email us: email@example.com
Sock Hop by Kevin MacLeod
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.