Carnival Cruise Line canceled all remaining cruises still on its schedule for November, including on the six ships operating from Miami and Port Canaveral.
On Oct. 1, the line said it was canceling all U.S. homeport cruises except those from Miami and Port Canaveral in November and December, citing the CDC's decision to extend its No Sail Order for cruise ships through Oct. 31.
Cruises currently scheduled for December from those two homeports remain in place for the time being while Carnival evaluates options, the company said. The line also said that Miami and Port Canaveral are still slated to be the first two homeports to resume cruise operations as part of its gradual, phased-in approach.
Carnival also canceled five cruises scheduled to operate from Sydney from Jan. 16 to Feb. 8 on the Carnival Splendor.
During a call last week to discuss its third quarter, Carnival Corp. CEO Arnold Donald expressed confidence that the company's ships would begin cruising from U.S. ports in 2020 and said the upcoming election "may bring some momentum" to the industry's restart.
Last week, many other cruise lines extended their operations pause through November and even deep into 2021.