LONDON -- With the Queen Elizabeth 2 bowing out of transatlantic
sailings this year and the British Airways Concorde fleet slated to
be retired in October, Cunard is promoting the final pairings of
the dynamic duo.
With prices starting at $4,294 per person, the QE2-Concorde
package is offered for remaining departures June 19 and 25; July 16
and 22; and Aug. 11, 17 and 26.
As part of the promotion, Cunard is letting travelers -- subject
to availability -- schedule Concorde flights on any day they
With that option, travelers can fly from New York to London a
few days before a Southampton departure and then cruise back to New
York, or cruise from New York to Southampton and then fly back to
New York after spending some time in the U.K.
For clients who might not want to return home straightaway,
Cunard offers its Connoisseur Collection pre- and post-cruise land
• London Holiday: Three nights in London, a tour and theater
tickets to a choice of plays.
• Paris Holiday: Three nights in Paris, a tour and Eurostar
train service between Paris and London.
• London and Paris Holiday: Three nights in Paris with a city
tour and a Seine River cruise, then three nights in London with a
guided tour of the West End and theater tickets.
• Country Holiday: Three nights in the Hampshire countryside in
a manor home.
• Glimpse of Ireland: Three nights in the Dublin Davenport
Hotel, a full-day private tour in a saloon car and air fare between
Dublin and London.
• Royal Scotland: Three nights in Edinburgh's Roxburghe Hotel, a
full-day private tour in a saloon car and air fare between
Edinburgh and London.
• Wimbeldon Tennis Holiday: Two days in London, tickets to
Wimbeldon including access to a special lounge; a one-year
membership in the U.S. Tennis Association; and a tour host. This
package is offered only on the June 25 crossing.
For more details on this article, see Legendary QE2 makes last ocean