Four Seasons set for Emerald Bay

By
|

GREAT EXUMA, Bahamas -- The Four Seasons Resort Great Exuma at Emerald Bay in Exuma is set to open in May with 219 upscale units, including 61 one- and two-bedroom suites.

The resort also will have 13,000 square feet of meetings space; an 18-hole, Greg Norman-designed golf course; and a casino.

The company's other property in the Caribbean is the 196-room Four Seasons Resort Nevis.

Vo Tomulich, director of marketing for the Exuma property and former associate director of worldwide sales for the Nevis resort, estimated that approximately 85% of the resort's business will originate in North America, with the remaining 15% coming from Europe.

Agents, operators and group planners will generate "up to 70% of business in the first year," Tomulich said, adding IATA agents will consititute 55% of that figure.

The Four Seasons complex also will contain estate homes, 18 condominiums and timeshare units, which can be placed in the resort's room inventory at the owner's option.

The 6,000-square-foot casino, which will open next fall pending issuance of a government license, will be staffed by Four Seasons personnel but managed by an outside firm, Tomulich said.

The property will pay 10% commission on room rates, which will start at $250 per night, double, in low season and at $495 in peak season.

Tour operators selling Four Seasons Exuma packages will include American Airlines Vacations, Classic Custom Vacations, Gogo Worldwide Vacations, Island Destinations and Travel Impressions.

"Our guest mix the first year will be 65% leisure and 35% group business. Thereafter, the split is likely to be 70%-30%," Tomulich said.

Based on the hotel's catering capacity, the maximum size for a meeting is 200 people.

Facilities will include a restaurant serving Caribbean and European dishes, a lobby lounge, tennis and fitness centers, a full-service spa, three pools (one for children participating in the Kids for All Seasons program), whirlpools and water sports.

Rooms will have an in-room fax modem, high-speed Internet access and satellite TV. Business services will include access to computers.

Great Exuma's airport is served by scheduled flights from Miami and Nassau. Some meetings-related charter groups already have been confirmed, Tomulich said.

For more information, call (212) 605-0245 or visit the property's Web site, at www.fourseasons.com/greatexuma.

Comments
JDS Travel News JDS Viewpoints JDS Africa/MI