Lufthansa gets more time to decide on full acquisition of Brussels Airlines

|

Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines have agreed to extend the deadline by three months for Lufthansa to decide whether or not to fully acquire Brussels Airlines’ parent company.

Lufthansa, which owns 45% of the SN Airholding, had been required to decide whether to acquire the remaining 55% by the beginning of June.

In the wake of the terrorist attack at Brussels Airport on March 22 and its subsequent repercussions, the deadline was extended until the end of August.

“Our colleagues at Brussels Airlines are currently devoting all their energies and resources to restoring reliable flight operations for their customers at their home airport following these terrible attacks,” said Carsten Spohr, chairman of the executive board and chief executive officer of Deutsche Lufthansa AG, in a statement. “That is a major challenge under the current security provisions, and must now be the priority. And in view of this, we have agreed with Brussels Airlines to give ourselves a further three months to conclude our negotiations on the acquisition terms and devise the migration concept required.”

Comments

From Our Partners

2020 Enterprise Webinar
React. Reset. Reshape. | Enterprise and National Define the Path Forward
Watch Now
Enterprise
The Right Rental for All Occasions
Read More
2020 Lifestyle Holidays Webinar
The Lifestyle You Deserve
Register Now

JDS Travel News JDS Viewpoints JDS Africa/MI