Travel Weekly's CruiseWorld has moved to a virtual event for 2020 and will take place from Nov. 11 to 13.
A key component of this year's content is giving travel advisors the opportunity to talk with and learn from one another through a series of Critical Conversations. During this educational series, travel advisors will share their perspectives on managing today's travel clients and making important changes or adjustments to business practices.
Discussions will be led by experienced advisors, but all attendees are encouraged to be a part of the conversation, share ideas, and ask questions as the industry charts its course for the future together.
Wednesday's programming includes conversations on:
- Pivoting Your Product Offering (Cruise to All-Inclusive), presented by Jesse Morris, the owner of We Book Travel, and Donna Alkarmi, the president of Lone Star Travel.
- Creative Marketing Messages, presented by Danny Genung, the CEO of Harr Travel, and Brianna Glenn, the founder and travel designer of Milk + Honey Travels.
- Back to Basics, presented by Gloria Hobbins, the president of Global Village Travels, and Geoff Millar, the co-owner of Ultimate All-Inclusive Travel.
- Confident Selling in a Pandemic, presented by Kimberly Wilson Wetty, the owner and co-president of Valerie Wilson Travel, and Emma Weissmann, senior editor of TravelAge West, Explorer and Family Getaways (sister publications to Travel Weekly).
- Picking Partners for the Future, presented by Joanie Ogg, the president of Ogg Marketing Group, and Andy Ogg, the co-owner and CEO of Travel Professional News, Findahosttravelagency.com and Homebasedtravelagent.com.
Discussion topics on Thursday will include:
- Pivoting Your Niche (Family Travel), presented by Sally Black, the owner of Vacationkids, and Emma Weissmann, a senior editor at TravelAge West, Explorer, Family Getaways.
- Getting Groups Going, presented by Suzy Schreiner, the owner of Azure Blue Vacations and Jamie Biesiada, a senior editor at Travel Weekly.
- Be Proactive: Talking to Your Customers, presented by Jill LaBarre, the owner of Jill's Great Escapes, and Jacquie Hurst, the director of trade recruitment and engagement for Travel Weekly Events.
- We Made Money in 2020 Find Out How!, presented by Lisa Fletcher, director of education, and Sandy Saburn, vice president of sales, Gifted Travel Network.
- Tactics for Working With Today's Covid-Traumatized Bride, presented by Jennifer Doncsecz, the president of VIP Vacations.
These discussion-based sessions will provide the interaction with peers that the travel advisor community has been craving. In addition to the Critical Conversations, there will be Chill or Chat session time built in each day for advisors to exchange ideas and information in a video face-to-face environment.
A bonus to the virtual format is that many sessions will be recorded for viewing at a later date. Event content will be accessible only to registered CruiseWorld attendees through the end of 2020. The event agenda can be viewed here.
Advisors can visit www.cruiseworldshow.com for more information or to register.
Suppliers interested in participating can contact Emmy Morales at [email protected]