Two tour operators recently rolled out itineraries that focus on family adventure in Asia, offering different price points for exploring India, Southeast Asia and beyond.
Intrepid targets solo parents
New tours from Intrepid Travel are designed for solo parents traveling with their kids. Intrepid does not charge a single supplement for these trips, and ages 17 and younger receive a 10% discount.
• The 10-day Northern India Family Holiday, starting from $1,080 per person, kicks off exploring Old and New Delhi before heading to Agra and the Taj Mahal on day two. Guests spend two days each at Ranthambhore National Park and Jaipur before heading to Nawalgarh and the Shekhawati region, then return to Delhi for the final two days.
• The Thailand Family Holiday, starting from $1,485 per person, takes in big cities and rural sites on a 12-day journey through the Land of Smiles. Guests begin in Bangkok before a two-hour drive to Kanchanaburi, home of the rail bridge that inspired "The Bridge on the River Kwai." A stop at Chiang Mai includes a visit to the Elephant Nature Park sanctuary as well as a homestay at Ban Hua Tung village about 45 minutes away. The tour hits the beaches of Hua Hin before returning to Bangkok.
• The 13-day Vietnam Family Holiday, priced from $1,350 per person, begins in Hanoi, where guests will visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and other major attractions before cruising Halong Bay. Stops in Hoi An and Hue lead to Ho Chi Minh City on day 10, a Mekong Delta homestay the next day and a return to the former Saigon to wrap up.
For more on Intrepid's solo-parent itineraries, see https://www.intrepidtravel.com/us/theme/family/single-parent.
Refined trips with Remote Lands
Meanwhile, luxury Asia specialist Remote Lands promises immersive, educational experiences with its new family-travel itineraries. The following are two of Remote Lands' new offerings.
• On the nine-day Taiwan Top to Bottom With Kids, guests begin their trip in Taipei, where they'll try their hand at making pineapple cakes and bubble tea, two Taiwanese specialities.
Over three days in the country's capital, they'll also visit the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall and the Shilin Night Market before departing for Taichung, Sun Moon Lake and Kaohsiung. Rates start from $6,300 per person.
• The Family Fun From Singapore to Langkawi tour spans the Lion City and Malaysia over 12 days. Guests start their journey in Singapore, where they'll ride on the Singapore Flyer observation wheel; visit Gardens by the Bay, home to nearly 1,000 plant species from around the world; and hang out on the resort island of Sentosa.
They'll head to Kuala Lumpur on day three, where hands-on activities will include making a pewter dish at Royal Selangor's School of Hard Knocks. After two days in Malaysia's capital, the tour hits the Cameron Highlands to explore its hiking paths, tea fields and more before three days in Penang and wrapping up on the island of Langkawi. Rates start from $6,400 per person.
For more, see www.remotelands.com.