$2.5 billionPrevious ranking:
New York, NY 10019
Phone: (212) 944-2121
CHAIRMAN: Michael Batt
CEO: J.D. O'Hara
PRESIDENT: Gabe Rizzi
CFO: Robert Klug
PRESIDENT, ALTOUR: Alexandre Chemla
PRESIDENT, GLOBAL TRAVEL COLLECTION: Angie Licea
PRESIDENT, TRAVEL LEADERS GROUP: John Lovell
* Privately held company selling travel directly to consumers plus a mix of hosting, franchising, travel management, hotel wholesaling and meetings/events management.
* Owned by private equity firm Certares.
* Internova works with 7,000 independent contractors.
* Leisure/business sales split of 56%/44% in 2021.
* Subsidiaries include Altour (Corporate Travel Services, Travel Leaders Corporate, Your Event Solutions); Global Travel Collection (luxury agencies All Star Travel Group, Andrew Harper, Colletts Travel, In the Know Experiences, Protravel International, R. Crusoe & Son and Tzell Travel Group); Travel Leaders Group (Barrhead Travel, CruCon Cruise Outlet, Cruise Specialists, Nexion Travel Group, Roadtrips, Travel Leaders Network and Travel Leaders Vacation Center); and Bonotel Exclusive Travel.
* Continued implementation of measures to reduce expenses while improving efficiency, including a reduction in office space, establishing processes to right-size the organization and realigning teams by business division to better support company initiatives.
* Provided travel advisors with Sherpa, a guide to getting the right travel documentation and understanding up-to-date travel requirements.
* Launched the "Go Human. Book Human." advertising campaign to promote the value of a travel advisor.
* Added a call center service for travel suppliers.
* Leisure travel sales continue to be strong.
* Future cruise bookings have been strong but are expected to be even stronger through the end of the year now that the CDC has dropped its Covid-19 risk advisory for cruise ship travel.
* Travel to Mexico and the Caribbean is booming. Bookings to Europe are nearing 2019 levels despite the war in Ukraine.
* Luxury travel is in extremely high demand.
* Most corporate clients are small and midsize businesses, and that segment has seen strong recovery rates. Inflation is resulting in higher prices for airline tickets and hotel rooms. Travel requests and policy compliance are facing increased scrutiny as companies continue to closely manage costs.
NOTE ABOUT INTERNOVA'S RANKING: Some Power List companies
have resubmitted their numbers, which have resulted in changes in the
rankings. Read more about those changes.