$50 millionPrevious ranking:
404 BNA Drive, Suite 650
Nashville, TN 37217
Phone: (615) 367-4900
CHAIRMAN: Donald Dixon
PRESIDENT, MANAGING PARTNER: Michael S. Dixon
MANAGING PARTNER: William Haire
CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER: Mike Viars
EVP/CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER, VACATION TRAVEL SERVICES: Sandy Schadler
CFO: Leslie Ansley
VP, CLIENT EXPERIENCE, BUSINESS TRAVEL: Shawn Davidson
* TMC, leisure retail and host agency services.
* 2021 sales split of 68% business travel, 25% leisure, 7% other.
* Works with 31 independent travel sellers.
* Privately owned by Donald Dixon, Michael S. Dixon and William Haire.
* Affiliated with American Express.
* Salaries restored and employees brought back from furlough. Began conservatively hiring new team members to support returning business.
* Remained a hybrid workforce with many staff working in their homes across the country.
* Forecasted a break-even budget with the unknowns of customer return to their offices, volatility of fuel prices and the inability of airlines to return to a full schedule.
* Continued participation in industry associations and advisory boards to stay apprised of every facet of the business.
* Business mix shifted from transient business travel and vacation travel to B2B destination meetings and small groups that wanted to continue with plans in the Caribbean, Mexico and U.S.
* Incorporated aggressive cash-management strategy, including renegotiating contracts with business-support system partners and releasing real estate leases as they came up for renewal.
* Conservative outlook for 2022 with upside potential.
* As Covid-19 restrictions and rules of engagement continue to evolve, concerned about industry suppliers being able to keep up with rapidly increasing demand and hiring qualified staff to support its business and clients.
* Increase in fuel prices and inflation are hurdles. They could present significant price increases that the consumer may or may not be willing to absorb.
* With the exception of group travel, cautiously expects to be at 80% of 2019 results.
NOTE ABOUT TRAVELINK'S RANKING: Some Power List companies
have resubmitted their numbers, which have resulted in changes in the
rankings. Read more about those changes.