Florida's Emerald Coast will play host to a number of special events in the coming months, as Panama City Beach's 2019 fall events calendar beckons to athletes; bikers; country music fans; wannabe swashbucklers; lovers of seafood and German food and drink; and bloody mary connoisseurs.
• The seventh annual Pepsi Gulf Coast Jam (Aug. 30 to Sept. 1) welcomes country music A-listers Tim McGraw, Jason Aldean and Kid Rock to perform on the sand at Frank Brown Park.
• Panama City Beach's Oktoberfest (Oct. 4 to 6) will celebrate German culture with beer and bratwurst as well as stein-hoisting competitions, live music and a kids' play area.
• The next weekend, Columbus Day brings the bounding main to PCB during the Pirates of the High Seas Fest (Oct. 11 to 13). Guests can take in the parade, sword-swinging showdowns, a simulated pirate invasion and a fireworks display.
• The Schooners Lobster Festival and Tournament (Oct. 14 to 20) is a weeklong celebration of Florida's native spiny lobster. Attendees will enjoy live music, contests and, of course, lots of lobster, at Schooners Last Local Beach Club.
• The Bloody Mary & Music Festival (Oct. 19) overlaps with the lobster fest, featuring 20 local businesses competing to determine who makes the best version of the popular brunch staple in Panama City Beach.
• Gearheads will be revved up for the Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally (Oct. 24 to 27), which is held twice-yearly (the event also takes place in May). Bikers descend on Panama City Beach to enjoy scenic rides along the beach, live entertainment and local restaurants.
• For those who prefer four wheels, the Emerald Coast Cruzin' Car Show (Nov. 6 to 9) at Aaron Bessant Park features hot rods and classic cruisers. Events include a swap meet, parade, block party, car auction, giveaways and live music.