Next summer, Disney World is opening the NBA Experience at its
Disney Springs shopping, dining and entertainment complex in Orlando, enabling guests to do hands-on
activities that "highlight the action and excitement of professional
Guests will be able to:
• Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a
replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that
highlights stats at the end of the session.
• Step onto the court
and hear the roar of the crowd while maneuvering through a series of timed
shots to aim for a high score.
• Do a slam dunk on an adjustable basket, in a moment
captured by cameras.
• Test ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who
will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
• Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive
trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
• Pretend they are on stage at the NBA Draft, with a photo
capturing the moment of being drafted by a pro team.
• Use an oversized
slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many
shots as possible before the clock runs out.
• Test their knowledge of the NBA during a trivia game with
up to 25 participants.
• Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch
replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the
• Access a team
locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and
• Watch two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase
the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as stories
from the players' perspectives.
• Play interactive basketball games, from Pop-A-Shot to
modern video games.
A retail store will sell NBA-themed merchandise designed by
Disney. More details are to come in the months ahead, Disney said.